Giveaway | Social Axe Throwing
Giveaway | Social Axe Throwing
It’s not very often when you get to do something as crazy fun as throwing an axe…over and over and over again. And then you play games throwing axes and life is just about perfect in a very lumberjack kind of way.
When I first heard about Social Axe Throwing, I saw it on the Ogden Rad Ladies Facebook Group and I just couldn’t believe my eyeballs.
I told my husband to grow that beard and get his axe! (If I had the ability to grow a sweet beard, you better believe I would have.) Oh, and don’t worry, I pulled out my plaid shirt to make sure I was dressed appropriately.
Brayden opened shop a little over two months ago and Social Axe Throwing just became the THang to do in Ogden.
The first thing we saw/heard when walking in was two guys chucking axes at the targets. It’s loud and it’s proud. I could barely contain myself from walking right over and joining them. My husband immediately saw the baseball tees and said “I need one of those.” For a guy who never buys any clothing, this is a big deal.
There’s two ways to play with axes.
You can walk-in, get a brief safety talk and demo and then start throwing.
Or you can book a “Main Event.”
We went with the Main Event. It’s a good thing too, because we go a coach to ourselves for 2 hours. Brayden taught us how to throw and gave us pointers on our technique.
Once everyone got some technique down, we started THE GAMES. We split up and chucked axes for 2 hours. We ended with Axe Battle Royale with Melinda and Mike competing for the Title of WINNER.
Come to find out, it isn’t always about brute strength (although it does help) but it’s more about technique. I was surprised to learn that many of the best axe throwers were the gals!
At first, I was a little confused about us throwing axes for two hours, but it went by so quickly. At the end I knew we’d all be just a little sore, but it was totally worth it!
Don't even hesitate, you know you want to try this. It makes it all the more worth every penny to watch your friends faces when you say "want to go to Social Axe Throwing?" Statements of "Wait, what? You want to throw axes?"
You'll get so many stares and baffled looks, it's hilarious.
We’ve teamed up with Social Axe Throwing to giveaway (2) $30 Gift cards! Two lucky winners!
How to Enter:
- Leave a comment below.
- For Extra Entries head to our Instagram!
The Salt Project you can get $5 off! (Offer ends 8/31/17)
Reasons to try Social Axe Throwing.
- It’s ridiculously fun. You’ll be grinning from ear to ear.
- They train you how to throw properly with a coach. (Extra Cost but totally worth it)
- It’s a super social atmosphere.
- Anyone can do it. It’s not about strength as much as technique. (Although strength helps.)
- It’s addicting.
- Have you ever competed by throwing an axe?
- It’s in a safe place.
- Best Date Night Ever.
- You can compete.
- Perfect Bachelor/Bachelorette Party.
- It's freaking AWESOME.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO.
- Book your Main Event Online!
- Wear CLOSE TOE SHOES. If you don’t, you buy the socks and then you wear the crocs!
- Don’t wear Hats. They kind of throw you off balance.
- Pay for the coaching. It’s way more fun to get your axe to stick then watch it fall to the ground every time.
- Take some video of you, so you can see your form.
- Kids must be 15 and older.